Sunday 15 December 2019

Still


Sunday 15th Dec 2019. River Weaver (level approx. 1.01m and falling).


Still
River up 2 foot approx, which never seems to bode well, but dropping and nicely coloured so thought I’d give it a go with lobworms. The morning dog walk found 2 cormorants, where last week there had been one.

Nothing too complicated, I fished a lobworm hookbait under a small bomb down the inside on 3 different swims, each of which is quite overgrown. Normally these would throw up the odd bite, maybe a chub, perch or ruffe, but today sadly, I didn’t have a sniff.

This continues my recent, poor run of form on the river. Although in my defence comment has been made on the local FB pages as to how poorly it’s fished this winter. That said it’s getting to the point now where I feel I have a point to prove.


No comments:

Post a Comment